Autor: Erita Rexhepi
Portfolio Marketing Manager for Continuity Resilience and Service Management at PECB
The impacts of technology on organizations are getting tremendous, no matter their size or industry. In today’s economy, organizations depend more and more on technology in order to distribute their goods/services to the market and promote them. Therefore, companies rely on effective IT service management because, no matter where you are based or what you do, your IT services need to be cost effective, reliable, consistent, and efficient. With that said, putting in place efficient and relevant IT services is the key to attaining enhancement, keep up with the fast-paced digital world, and stay ahead of the competition.
Among many others, organizations are often faced with the challenge of consistently being able to guarantee the quality of services to existing and new clients, in order to have profitable value in the market. Nevertheless, reaching conformance helps organizations to drive lower costs, develop the quality IT service management procedures and advance entrance to global markets, leading to retained and loyal customers. ISO/IEC 20000 helps you accomplish all of this, within your organization or as an outsourced service provider. Moreover, you will bring ITIL up to standard, so that your IT services deliver exactly what is needed.
What is ISO/IEC 20000?
ISO/IEC 20000 is a standard and a code of practice which:
- Individuals or organizations can be certified against
- Includes requirements for processes, management systems, and continuous improvement in IT service
- Requires a definitive set of records
- Government IT service provider
- Application service providers
- Insurance companies
- Banks, Retailers
Who can adopt ISO/IEC 20000?
- An organization seeking a reliable approach by all its service providers, including those in the supply chain
- A service provider that intends to prove its capability for the design, delivery, and enhancement of services that fulfills service requirements
- A service provider who wants to observe measure and review its service management procedures and services
- IT services businesses whose target is to develop the quality of their IT services and increase their productivity with cost reductions in IT
- IT service providers that want to show their high quality to internal and external customers
- Individuals who want to build up skills; develop beyond general service management expertise and take organizations through the ISO/IEC 20000 procedures and successfully implement an effective IT service management system within the organization
The benefits of ISO/IEC 20000
This standard helps organizations to develop their IT procedures and improve effectiveness. It proves that an organization is reliable, maintains a trusting IT service infrastructure, and attains employee satisfaction and high-performance levels while improving the reputation of the organization. For organizations, this certification can be applied as a measurable tool to measure the level of effectiveness.
Some of the benefits that your organization will gain when implementing ISO/IEC 20000 are:
- Helps to build a culture of continuous improvement and defines the objectives that need to be achieved and sustained. Through continual improvement, a higher quality of IT services provided is guaranteed to allow clients to create trust in the service provider and in their aptitude to deliver them
- Ensures that the organization focuses on the implementation of several incorporated procedures and solutions that are suitable and effective in the business processes
- Allows organizations to adjust a structured approach to their service management based on best practices, which enables them to better understand their business, responsibilities, procedures and their necessities
- Satisfaction of customer- whether it is an internal or external customer; you are capable of delivering improved IT services that meet their requirements
- Cost reduction; this standard provides a better understanding of how to manage the costs of IT
- Achieves increased efficiency due to more consistent IT services. Segregation of duties helps to decrease the incidents and the ability to cope with them
- Better reputation on the market; this certification demonstrates that you are serious about your business success and providing quality IT services
- Roles, responsibilities, and ownership of all processes remove bottlenecks and ambiguities in service management domain
- ISO/IEC 20000 is well-matched with ITIL in order to support the continual enhancement
Organizations that are keen to implement and manage the quality of their information technology services can refer to PECB trainings. We continually add value to this portfolio by developing training and offering certification services.
For further information, please visit PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 training courses.